6.28.2011

Book Review

Lovejoy: A Year in the Life of an Abortion ClinicLovejoy: A Year in the Life of an Abortion Clinic by Peter Korn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Fascinating and compelling. I don't read nonfiction unless it's got enough of a narrative to keep me turning the pages, and this one more than fits the bill. More importantly, it's an unblinkingly honest look at what abortion really means, to the women who face that most difficult of choices, and the medical providers who make that choice possible. Including a detailed description of a second-semester abortion that was very, very hard to read--the sort of thing I could imagine encountering in pro-life literature. And yet I think it would be impossible to read this book and walk away thinking women should be denied that choice.



View all my reviews

No comments: