9.18.2009

Stay, illusion! If thou hast any sound, or use of voice, Speak to me

I had this idea that giving birth would unleash my dormant creative powers and I would suddenly be able to sit down and write. That hasn't happened. I was thinking yesterday about all the germs of novels that have floated in and out of my life -- all those concepts I toyed with and obsessed on and even researched, but never wrote about. Now many of them don't speak to me anymore, so they'll never be written. They are ghost novels, a record of my mental life that was never made. Those books are lost forever. Would they have been any good?

2 comments:

Erin Davis said...

In my experience, motherhood does not release your creative powers until the little ones are much, much older! That you have time to blog is quite impressive.

Anne said...

I don't have time. I steal it.